How can you not love an open back wedding dress? And one as chic and sexy as this one deserves extra note. Meet Cinzia by Watters.
You already know how much we love Chantel Lauren Designs. We’ve had the honor of being the exclusive Utah home of her custom wedding dresses, and just last week this gorgeous new creation of hers came to join us. And let’s just say, we are totally smitten.
Layers of luxurious crepe, gorgeous lace long sleeves… what more could you want in a wedding dress? Meet Meg:
Behind every bridal shop is a good seamstresses, or, in our case, five.
How do they create that perfect bridal look? Though their refined talent! But, also from extensive experience that leads you (the bride) though the process.
Here are a few steps, insights, and items you’ll want to know if you’re about to start your bridal alterations:
1. Schedule your first bridal alteration a few weeks in advance of when you’d like your first fitting. This will help you plan around travel, photos, and special dates.
2. Try-on your gown with us prior to the day of your first fitting. This way we can spend time primping, admiring, and accessorizing you before your initial alteration appointment. This pre-fitting day is also a great time for friends and family to join you.
3. Have ALL undergarments (bustiers, slips, shape-wear, etc.) and shoes selected and with you at ALL of your bridal fittings. Our seamstresses are delightfully particular – this ensures you’ll have the perfect fit to your wedding dress every time.
4. Know how long your alteration appointments runs (30 minutes on average). Ask your seamstress when your fitting begins and ends. It’s likely she’s meeting another bride after you, so arriving on-time will give you the full and complete appointment you deserve.
5. Limit your guests at alteration appointments to one or two people. For those still dying to see you in your fantastic wedding dress, bring them to accessory appointments!
6. Trust and have a good time with your seamstress. Their years (decades, actually) of experience have all been leading up to helping you.
7. The seamstresses with which we work are independent contractors – their own businesses. Their fees, therefore, will be paid directly to them and not to Alta Moda.
8. Gown balances are due prior to a seamstress beginning work on your gown.
9. Alterations appointments only take place on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We know schedules are complex, so start arranging a long lunch, a day off, or to skip a class. it’ll be our little secret.
Want to know more about fittings and alterations? Call or message us and we’ll help you in every way possible.
You know we are suckers for a beaded wedding dress. And an open back wedding dress. So when you put them together, as Hayley Paige so effortlessly has, you might have something close to the perfect wedding dress. Meet Sasha, by Hayley Paige. Just the right amount of glam and sass, in all the right ways.